Brooks Instrument, a world leader in advanced flow, pressure, vacuum and steam delivery solutions, has added the EtherNet / IP ™ digital communication interface to its industry-leading SLAMf series mass flow controller (MFC) family of products.
The addition makes the SLAMf series the only MFC from a US vendor with NEMA 4X / IP66 classification and integrated EtherNet / IP communications as standard features. Therefore, this series of products is the best choice for the biotechnology and food and beverage industries, where abatement / washing requirements are present.
Whether it's dust, humidity, extreme temperatures or scrubbing requirements, the SLAMf Series elastomer-sealed thermal mass flow meters and controllers offer the high accuracy and long-term stability of our proven SLA5800 family of meters and controllers . A specially designed NEMA 4X / IP66-rated ruggedized enclosure protects the SLAMf's advanced digital electronics and ensures stable and accurate measurements, process accuracy and control of process-critical gas mass flows.
Integrating the high-speed digital EtherNet / IP interface into the SLAMf Series MFC platform increases controller functionality by making it easier for OEMs and end users to leverage rich, real-time process data with high-speed digital communications. Additionally, the new SLAMf device offers industry-leading long-term sensor stability, a superior heat flow measurement sensor and advanced diagnostics.
“We believe our major end users and equipment manufacturers will want high-speed communication protocols for their next generation systems,” said Steve Kannengieszer, director of product marketing. "As a result, we integrated EtherNet / IP into our proven SLAMf series MFCs, keeping the same device footprint instead of taking up valuable equipment space with an additional adapter."
The addition of the EtherNet / IP interface enhances the SLAMf series in several ways:
● Advanced diagnostic and alarm capabilities provide family history, performance, and reliability data from the MFC, enabling predictive and preventive maintenance to help improve overall equipment effectiveness, reliability and flexibility.
● The web-based interface of the for the device allows you to easily configure the network settings on the MFC.
● New capabilities enable OEMs to provide value-added process management and control, enabling them to provide users with real-time information to improve operational results.
● The add-on device profile enabled in the SLAMF Series EDS files allows for simplified configuration with Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) DCS software.
● In addition to the EtherNet / IP communication option, SLAMf is also available with DeviceNet®, Profibus® and RS-485 / analog interfaces. Brooks also previously unveiled a biotech version of SLAMf built specifically to reduce costs and complexity for biotech applications.
For information and resources on the new MFC SLAMf series, visit https://experience.brooksinstrument.com/PRSLAMfEtherNetIP.